Back to Videos
October 12, 2023
This video covers the process of configuring Active Directory as an authentication provider for One Identity - Safeguard for Privileged Passwords (SPP). This step-by-step walk-through will ensure you can seamlessly integrate Active Directory into your privileged access management strategy, enhancing your organization's security posture.
In this video, we'll cover the following key steps:
(1) Logging into SPP: We'll start by demonstrating how to access SPP, providing you with a clear starting point.
(2) Navigating to Identity and Authentication: Once logged in, we'll guide you to the relevant section within SPP: Appliance Management, Safeguard Access, Identity and Authentication.
(3) Adding Active Directory: Learn how to add Active Directory as an authentication provider by clicking on the plus sign and selecting Active Directory. You'll see how to input essential information, such as the source name, domain name, service account name, and its password.
(4) Testing the Connection: We'll demonstrate how to test the connection by clicking "connect" to ensure the accuracy of the information provided.
(5) Advanced Configuration: For those seeking advanced settings, we'll show you how to specify the domain controller by selecting 'Advanced' and entering the domain controller's IP or host name.
By following these clear and detailed instructions, you'll be able to seamlessly configure Active Directory as an authentication provider for One Identity Safeguard. This integration enhances your organization's ability to control, monitor, and secure privileged access, ensuring only authorized individuals gain access to critical accounts and resources.